Da Vinci Code and Scottish Borders
|Check in by||Departure time||Return time (approx)||Days of operation|
|08.45 am||09.00 am||19.00 (7.00 pm)|| Mon / Wed /Sat
Between 01 Apr and 31 Oct
1 Parliament Square, Royal Mile, Edinburgh
This is a full Day Tour visiting Rosslyn Chapel, Melrose Abbey and Alnwick Castle
Stop off at Melrose Abbey...
You'll then drive south through the Scottish Borders, pausing for a photo stop at Melrose Abbey - widely regarded as one of the most beautiful ruins in Europe. Robert the Bruce's heart is thought to be buried at the Abbey and it is the final resting place of a number of other Scottish Kings.
Discover the Magic of Alnwick Castle...
The star attraction of the tour is Alnwick Castle*. This is the second largest inhabited castle in England and has been lived in for over 700 years. It is full of fascinating things to see and mysteries to uncover. You may recognize it as a location from some of the Harry Potter films.
An Amazing Coastal Journey Home...
The road home takes you up the stunning east coast, past some beautiful sights such as the Holy Island of Lindisfarne and the picturesque coastal town of Berwick-upon-Tweed.
- Transportation by top of the range minicoach for a more personal experience.
- Services of a professional driver/guide
- All ferry and bridge crossings.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Entrances to all Visitor Attractions.
On this tour you will be travelling in purpose-built minicoaches which have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country. Our itineraries are carefullly planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road.
As we travel in smaller vehicles, we normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach are prohibited from travelling. Additionally, as our group sizes are smaller we are able to more time out of the vehicle. We also employ a the very best driver/guides.
Friendly and Professional Guides - Small Groups - More Scenic Routes - More Time Sightseeing - Great Value for Money
- We recommend you bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Scotland can be a wet place!!
- Infants and children under 3 years old cannot be carried on this tour - proof of age required at time of departure (e.g. passport).
- Child/senior discounts can be selected at the booking stage (see orange box at top right of this page) - please bring proof of age when travelling (e.g. passport)
- This tour is operated locally by Highland Experience Tours who are our preferred tour partners for extended scheduled day trips and tours departing from Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Highland Experience Tours do require minimum passenger numbers for a tour to run. In the very unusual circumstances of there not being at least 5 passengers on a tour, you will be offered an alternative tour on the same day (guaranteed) or a full refund. Please remember to provide your contact details and if possible a mobile telephone number or details of where you are staying so that you can be contacted.
- For full terms and conditions click here
Also see our pre-tour planning information for tours departing from Edinburgh - click here