The Stonehenge Experience
Please note that this tour is no longer available - please click here for more information on tours departing from London, including special access to the inner circle at Stonehenge
If you really want to get to know Stonehenge and its surrounding landscape, including rare access to the inner circle after it has closed to the public, this is the tour for you! Beginning in Salisbury, you can travel to the historic city easily by train from London for the evening tours, but would need to stay over for the morning tours.
Your tour will be led by an acknowledged expert and highly rated tour guide in the area who has worked with many TV production companies, archaeologists, and authors on the history of Stonehenge.
During this 5 hour tour you will:
- See Durrington Walls – where the builders of Stonehenge probably lived
- Learn what a henge really is
- See barrows (burial mounds), the Cursus (older than Stonehenge itself) and understand their importance to Stonehenge
- Get the best views of Stonehenge
- Enjoy some time in the Visitor Centre
- Have access to the inner circle of the stones after Stonehenge has closed to all the other tourists.
All delivered in an easy to understand and at times humorous manner, which will make you feel like Stonehenge is part of you. At the end of the tour you will know more than 99% of the world’s population about Stonehenge and know exactly what it’s for.
Spaces are strictly limited, and sold on a first come first served basis. Please note this tour involves walking across open grassland.
Why not get down to Salisbury earlier in the day to walk around the mediaeval city and visit one of the finest Cathedral’s in the country?
Please note that due to non-refundable tickets of inner stone circle at Stonehenge, bookings for this tour are 100% non-refundable.