Terms & Conditions for day trips and tours departing from Edinburgh with Highland Experience Tours
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation and Refunds for scheduled tours
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a scheduled 1 day tour tour the following charges apply:
- Within 24 hours of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- Within 2 to 3 days before the tour date 50% of the tour price will be payable unless the seat can be re-sold in which case the passenger will receive a full refund.
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a multi day tour the following charges apply:
- Within 72 hours of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- More than 3 days notice before the tour date 50% of the tour price will be payable
We reserve the right to cancel trips under exceptional circumstances such as those out with of our control. In such cases clients will be promptly informed and offered:
- Transfer to a substitute trip or tour, or an alternative trip or if the tour is a lower cash value clients will receive a cash adjustment refund; or a total refund of all prepaid monies.
General Guidelines for all tours
- We also reserve the right to change the tour itinerary at any time due to weather, acts of God and events out without our control.
- Unless stated otherwise, food, attractions and accommodation is not included in the tour price however; clients may be eligible for a discount when mentioning Highland Experience.
- We are a family friendly operator and welcome children of 3 years and over. Proof of age will be required.
- We are unable to accept children under 3 years of age on any of our tours, however they are more than welcome on a private tour.
- Due to the size & type of vehicles we use, luggage is restricted to one small/medium size bag; please no suitcases that you can fit in!
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
- Highland Experience recommends all passengers take our suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
- Driver tips are not included in the tour price but if deserved, greatly appreciated.
- Please note that we operate with a minimum number of 5 passengers on all tours except private tours.
- It is the responsibility of the Passenger to ensure that they are at the departure point in good time and that they adhere to the departure times given in the Company's publicity and by its representatives. Coaches will not be held for Passengers who are late. In such cases full cancellation charges will apply and the Company shall have no further liability to that Passenger.
ALTERATIONS BY THE COMPANY:
- Whilst the Company shall use its reasonable endeavours to provide the tour as planned, the Company reserves the right to alter itineraries in any way, and for whatever reason, or to vary hotel accommodation. In the case of hotel accommodation alternative accommodation of a similar standard will be obtained.
SUPPLIERS OF SERVICES:
- Tickets for steamships, aircraft, trains or other carriers which are obtained by the Company on behalf of the Passenger are subject to the conditions of carriage of the individual carrier. The Company undertakes to select hotels, restaurants and coach companies which have a good reputation. The company will not accept or have any liability for the acts of omissions whether negligent or otherwise, of ferry companies, coach operators, hotels or any other person providing services in connection with the arrangements of the group/ individual(s) unless such a person is employed by the Company or subject to the Company's direct control. The Company is dedicated to providing Passengers with a reliable and fault free service. In the unlikely event that a Passenger wishes to raise any queries or complaints with the Company, such query or complaint should be raised in the first instance with the tour guide, who will endeavour to resolve the situation to the Passenger's satisfaction. If any complaint cannot be resolved by the tour guide, Passengers must address their complaints in writing to the Company within one month from the last day of the tour provided by the Company.
- The Company does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war riot or civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fires, sickness, weather conditions, airport regulations, temporary, technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown of transport or any facilities contained within advertised accommodation, explosion of any nuclear plant or part thereof or radioactivity/contamination arising from such plant or events beyond the reasonable control of the Company.