International Friends are expanding!
International Friends Tour Guides & Tour Managers
Email [email protected] to register your interest.
Do you have a passion for history and travel? Do you have a friendly, fun and personable character? If yes would you like to apply to work for one of Britain’s top tour companies? We are looking for tour managers and guides to work for International Friends in the period April to October 2019. We are always looking for excellent individuals to represent our company so please get in touch by emailing [email protected]
This year's 4-day comprehensive training course will run from Monday 8th April - Thursday 11th April 2019.
We limit the course to maximum 12 people to ensure all training is to the highest standard. If you successfully pass the course you will have the opportunity to work for International Friends (as well as other companies in the GTi Travel Group) for the Spring and Summer period and beyond!
The 4-day training course costs £209 and this price includes:
Day 1 – Full day in a central London office
Day 2 & 3 - Two days practical training ‘on tour’ visiting various destinations including Windsor and Stonehenge, and learning how to conduct a walking tour of Bath for example.
Day 4 – Half day Harry Potter training followed by one to one discussions and feedback.
During the course you will learn core skills including how to structure a talk/tour, presenting to customers on and off the coach, tips when speaking on a microphone, and providing excellent customer service. You will also be required to complete a pre-training assignment before commencing the course. This must be submitted to a high standard in order to complete the training successfully.
We provide refresments including pastries, coffees and lunch on Day 1, transport, attraction entries & local knowledge on days 2, 3 & 4 where applicable and an end of training meal on the afternoon of day 4.
Please note: If you fail to complete or pass the course your money will not be refunded. Successful applicants will be allocated work from immediately after the training course is completed.
· One-day Shore excursions and transfers to and from Southampton, London and Dover.
· Day trips from London to destinations such as Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio tour, Oxford, Bath, Windsor, Stonehenge and more
· Tour Manager duties on overnight excursions to UK destinations, with options in the future to be trained for destinations such as Paris, Amsterdam and Edinburgh
· Shadow our full time expert tour guides to become a fully trained tour guide for one of the UK’s top tour companies, with an opportunity to develop into a full career.
Before applying, please note the following requirements. You must have:
1. A UK or European Passport, or a valid work visa for the UK
2. Public Liability Insurance for UK minimum cover £1 million (we can assist with information of where you can buy this, cost £55-£70)
3. Residency in or close to London or Southampton, or be prepared to travel to either destination to begin work. Please note many tours begin between 6-7am, you must be able to get to the starting point for this time.
There are no minimum requirements to apply for the position of Tour Manager or Tour Guide. However, if you have any previous experience in travel, tourism or a historical background, it will help with regards to completing the training course. This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to work in tourism, with training provided by one of the UK’s leading incoming tour operators.