International Friends are expanding!
We are currently recruiting for the following roles to start asap
Sales & Customer Service Operative
We are expanding! Are you looking for an exciting role with the scope to control your own earnings and be able to contribute suggestions and ideas to further progress our business? Do you have what it takes to look after our current and prospective customers?
We envisage this role to be working in or around London, Kent or Cambridge (remotely linked to our head office in kent). Candidates should be flexible and open to travelling to Broadstairs, Kent and Cambridge for meetings when needed.
- Responding to email and phone sales or customer enquiries
- Conduct sales presentations and client visits
- Contribute ideas to generate more sales
- Following up sales leads with the necessary sense of urgency
- Providing 24 hour emergency phone service as part of a duty rota
You will be working closely with our Divisional Sales Manager and Sales Director with a view to directly increasing revenue. You will need to be able to work flexibly to ensure our customer needs are met and this will involve working weekends or evenings on a rota basis. If you are passionate about customer service and think you have what it takes to succeed in our busy travel company, please get in touch. Salary £18,000 - £20,000 + commission (OTE £25K-£30K), further details on progression of application.
Email [email protected] to register your interest.
Tour Guides and Tour Managers
Do you have a passion for history and travel? Do you have a friendly, fun and personable character? If yes would you like to apply to work for one of Britain’s top tour companies? We are looking for tour managers and guides to work for International Friends in the period April to October 2020. We are always looking for excellent individuals to represent our company so please get in touch by emailing [email protected]
· One-day Shore excursions and transfers to and from Southampton, London and Dover.
· Day trips from London to destinations such as Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio tour, Oxford, Bath, Windsor, Stonehenge and more
· Tour Manager duties on overnight excursions to UK destinations and destinations such as Paris, Amsterdam and Edinburgh
Before applying, please note the following requirements. You must have:
1. A UK or European Passport, or a valid work visa for the UK
2. Public Liability Insurance for UK minimum cover £1 million (we can assist with information of where you can buy this, cost £55-£70)
3. Residency in or close to London or Southampton, or be prepared to travel to either destination to begin work. Please note many tours begin between 6-7am, you must be able to get to the starting point for this time.
There are no minimum requirements to apply for the position of Tour Manager or Tour Guide. However, if you have any previous experience in travel, tourism or a historical background will be relevant. Shadow our full time expert tour guides to become a fully trained tour guide for one of the UK’s top tour companies, with an opportunity to develop into a full career. This is a fantastic opportunity for people looking to work in tourism, with training provided by one of the UK’s leading incoming tour operators.