Friday 14th April - Monday 17th April 2017
A 4 day Easter tour to Amsterdam, with visits to Brussels and Bruges also included. Accommodation options include the fantastic Winston in the City Centre or a fantastic 4 star hotel less than 10-12 minutes tram from the main attractions. We also offer the option of joining a day trip to the the world famous Keukenhof to see the 'Tulips of Amsterdam'.
Tour Highlights: A fantastic tour to Europe's most unique city. See Van Gogh Museum, take the Red Light District walking tour, join the excursion to the Cheese and Clog makers, taste a beer at the Heineken Brewery, tour Anne Frank House or simply experience the cafe culture. On day 1 we include a visit to Brussels, and on day 4 a visit to medieval Bruges.
Day 1 - Coach pick up points in London (Hammersmith, Great Portland Street, Embankment and Lewisham), Cambridge, Canterbury, Ramsgate and Dover. From Folkestone we depart on the 08.50AM high speed Eurotunnel to Calais. Our first major stop is the capital of the European Union - Brussels. On arrival join the guide for short walking tour, followed by some free time in the famous Grand Place.
We arrive in Amsterdam in the afternoon, where we check in to one of our fantastic accommodation choices:
St.Christophers at the Winston - A unique hotel in the heart of Amsterdam, located between Dam Square and the Red Light District, walking distance to the vast majority of major attractions the city has to offer. The Winston also has Amsterdam's one and only Belushi's bar with great food and drink promotions all year round and a funky nightclub 'The Winston Kingdom' where you can sample some great live entertainment.
Golden Tulip Amsterdam West 3 Star Hotel - Upgrade to our 3 star hotel for only £40 per person per night. The hotel is located in Amsterdam West, a 10-12 minute tram ride to the main attractions and 10 minutes by coach. All rooms offer all the comfort one can expect from a hotel of this standard. The hotel has a bar, restaurant and 24 hour reception.
After check in meet the guide for a walking tour of the Red Light District (included in tour cost). Rest of evening free
Day 2 - After breakfast we begin the day with a morning coach excursion to Zaanse Schanse, a living Dutch Museum. If it is typical of Holland you will find it here. Windmills, Cheese-makers, Clog makers and typical Dutch dress.
We then head back to Amsterdam in time for lunch, with a free afternoon to visit Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, Heineken Brewery, Anne Frank House and Dam Square. In the evening we have a canal cruise to see this amazing city with our local Dutch guide from the comfort of one of Amsterdam's famous tour boats. Rest of evening free to enjoy the nightife of this unique city.
Day 3 - A free day in Amsterdam centre or join our optional excursion to see the world famous flowers of Keukenhof (£39 extra)
Day 4 - We depart Amsterdam after breakfast for the drive to Bruges, the ‘Venice of the North’. One of Europe’s best preserved medieval cities, and your chance to buy some Belgian specialties, beer and chocolate!!! We depart Bruges late afternoon for our return ferry. Drop offs in Canterbury and Ramsgate between 19:30-20:00, in London 21:00-21:45 and in Cambridge 23:00-23:30
The Winston - click here to see the website
129 Warmoesstraat, Amsterdam
Your accommodation is included in the price of your tour on a bed and breakfast basis. All rooms are 4-6 bedded ensuite rooms. Single travellers will share a room with other travellers (of the same sex) form the tour group. Twin upgrade £25 per person per night
Golden Tulip Amsterdam West - click here to see hotel website
3* Hotel option. All rooms 2 bedded ensuite, bed and continental breakfast basis.
If you have any questions on the rooming please contact our office staff.
- 4 days use of executive touring coach plus return Dover-Calais Ferry Crossings
- 3 nights bed and breakfast in your chosen accommodation in Amsterdam. Ensuite rooms in the Winston (3-6 bedded) and the 4 star hotel (twin/double). Twin/double rooms available at the Winston for £25 per person per night supplement
- Walking tour of Amsterdam highlights, including Red Light District Walking Tour.
- Evening Canal Cruise in Amsterdam
- Visit and entry to Zaanse Schans
- Visit to Brussels and walking tour with guide
- Visit to Bruges, the ‘Venice of the North’, and walking tour with guide.
- Services of a tour guide for the duration of the tour
- 04:00am - Cambridge Parkside, outside Police Station.
- 05:30am - London, Hammersmith Tube Station
- 05:45am - London, Great Portland Street Tube Station
- 05:55am - London, Embankment Tube Station
- 06:20am - London, Lewisham High Street, outside Police Station
- 06:30am - Ramsgate Train Station
- 07:00am - Canterbury East Train Station
- 07:25am - Dover Eastern Docks Bookings Hall
Before booking this tour please ensure you have a valid passport and travel visa (if your nationality requires one). The above itinerary is intended as a guide,and is subject to change.