Available every Thursday from April to September 2017, and every Thursday January to December 2018.
More options available by coach every Saturday, plus selected Wednesdays & Sundays. To book click here
- Small group tour with maximum 20 people
- Professional, friendly tour guide
- Entry included to Warner Bros. Studio Tour and guided tour of Oxford
- Travel in executive, air conditioned minicoach
- Small group day trips allow more interaction with your tour guide and fellow customers!
Detailed Tour Description
Enjoy the experience of a small group guided tour combining Warner Bros Studio Tour The Making of Harry Potter with the historic University city of Oxford. Explore the film sets of the Studio and then see inside the colleges and university buildings of Oxford.
It's just a short journey north of London to the magical ‘Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter’. Based in a collection of former aircraft hangers at Leavesden we visit the studios where every single one of the Harry Potter films were made! A truly unique attraction which allows you to experience the magic that has gone into creating the most successful film series of all time.
Join us in the Great Hall and venture into some of the most iconic sets featured in the movies including Dumbledore’s office, the Ministry of Magic, 4 Privet Drive, Gryffindor common room, the Weasley kitchen, Diagon Alley and Hagrid's Hut. Step into the Hogwarts Express and sit down in the carriages as "Hogwarts Castle" steams away at the end of platform 9 3/4 .Let us reveal the behind-the-scenes secrets and unveil the intricate prosthetics and make up that transformed actors into creatures. All this can be witnessed at the working studios where all eight Harry Potter films were produced where we will be spending three and a half hours at the Studio tour.
The studio tour includes:
- The Great Hall, one of Hogwarts Castle’s most recognizable locations
- Gryffindor common room and boys' dormitory
- Professor Dumbledore’s office
- Potions classroom
- Hagrid’s hut, the home of Rubeus Hagrid
- The Weasley kitchen, including the magical self washing frying pan and unique Weasley family clock
- The Ministry of Magic, the wizarding world’s centre of government in Britain
- The backlot, home to exterior sets including Privet Drive, the Weasley's car and Hogwarts Bridge
- Creature effects, where creatures and intricate prosthetics were built, including Lord Voldemort’s snake like face!
- Hogwarts Castle model , the jewel in the crown of the art department!!
- Diagon Alley where you can see the dusty Ollivanders wand shop, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shop and much more!
- Click here for a video of what you can expect to see on the Warner bros Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
After we finish the Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter we join the coach and drive to Oxford. Upon arrival we enjoy a guided tour of this famous University city. Founded in 1167, Oxford is England's oldest university. We will take you on a 90 minute professionally guided walking tour of the famous college buildings, amongst cloisters and quadrangles, along the back streets and into chapels and dining halls and across cobblestone squares standing in the shadows of the famous 'dreaming spires'. Our guided walking tour will take you into the heart of this land of hallowed academia, to the Bodleian Library, to the Radcliffe Camera, Sheldonian Theatre and selected colleges. A highlight of the tour will be entry to the 15th century School of Divinity with it's amazing vaulted ceiling with 455 roof carvings of the benefactor's crests and initials.
Some of the university colleges that you will see include Christ Church, Merton, Oriel, Corpus Christi, Magdalen, University, Queens, All Souls, Hertford, Trinity, Balliol and St John's. The University has 38 independent, autonomous colleges and you will also pass alongside many others on your tour. We end the day with some free time, you will be able to explore or shop at your leisure.
On return to London we will drop you at Victoria Train Station in the city centre. This is one of the largest transport stations in London, with excellent connections to all parts of London and beyond
- Small group tour - maximum 20 people
- Travel by executive coach
- Entry to Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter
- Visit to Oxford
- Guided tour of Oxford with professional guide
- Entrance to the 15th century Divinity School
08.00AM Outside Ashburn Hotel, 111 Cromwell Road, Kensington (close to Gloucester Road Tube station), London SW7 4DP (MAP)
08.15AM Outside Cumberland Hotel, Marble Arch (MAP)
08.30AM Great Russell Street, outside British Museum main entrance (MAP)
Please note that, starting from 01 Oct, 2017 Ashburn hotel pick up will be replaced with Outside Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, 97 Cromwell Road, Kensington (opposite Ashburn Hotel, short walk from Gloucester Road tube station) (MAP)