Oxford, Cotswolds, Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge - 2 days
England's Green and Pleasant Land - Oxford, Cotswolds, Bath, Lacock & Stonehenge
Fully Guided small group tour of Oxford, Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Upper Slaughter, Lower Slaughter, Bibury – described as the most beautiful village in England, – Guided tour of Bath, visit to beautiful villages of Castle Combe and Lacock, and entrance to Stonehenge included
Small Group Promise - No more than 16 clients per driver/guide
DAY 1 - After an early start we drive in a westerly direction, calling in at Oxford for a guided tour of the city. Next we travel a short distance to discover one of England's most beautiful regions – the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds are full of colour all year round! Here you will find rolling hills and pretty villages and market towns full of character. Our journey this morning takes us to the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold. In the early afternoon, we drive along one of the most charming narrow back-road routes in the Cotswolds, where large coaches are not allowed to visit in what has been described as England's most beautiful village - Bibury. This is in the heart of the Cotswolds and what we might consider to be the real England with its old country pubs, traditional village stores and well kept gardens.
DAY 2 - Today we visit Bath where we take a guided tour of the city centre. At the end of the walking tour of the city, we include your entrance into the Roman Baths. Bath, which is one of England's most popular tourist attractions. Bath is the most complete and best preserved Georgian city in Britain. The spa was used by the Romans, and the remains of the Roman baths are still there to be seen today, beside the 18th century Pump Room.
After Bath, we travel to Lacock, a small 13th century village which remains mostly untouched by modern development.
Then next we go to see another world famous site – Stonehenge. The construction of Stonehenge started around 3,000BC and the site was built over a 1500 year period. Your entrance fee to Stonehenge is included in the price. We return to London and Cambridge by mid evening.
This tour includes:
- Guided tour of Oxford
- Visit to Burford
- Visit to Stow-on-the-Wold - pretty Cotswolds market village
- Visit to Upper and Lower Slaughter
- Visit to Bibury – described as the most beautiful village in England!!!
- Bath – fully guided city tour plus entrance to the Roman Baths with audio guide
- Visit to Lacock and Castle Combe
- Entrance to Stonehenge with audio guided tour
- Optional evening visit to nearby pub (food/drink extra)
- Hotel accommodation in twin bedded room with private shower, toilet and TV
Breakfast at hotel
- Return travel from your chosen departure location by luxury minibus
Please note that tours over public holidays (peak season dates) cost £10 per person than tours on other dates. Our booking system will automatically generate the correct price.
- North Bristol Express By Holiday Inn - Click here to visit the hotel's own website
- Your accommodation is included in the price of your tour on a bed and breakfast basis. The price you pay is based on 2 people sharing a twin or double bedded room. Twin rooms comprise of 2 single beds or 1 double bed and 1 sofa bed, depending on the hotel's room availability on the date of your tour. If you would like a single room for 1 person we offer an upgrade for just £30 extra.
- Single travellers can avoid paying a single supplement by sharing a twin room (as described above) with another person (of the same sex) from the tour group. We arrange this service automatically, unless you select the single upgrade option when you are making your booking. If you prefer not to use a sofa bed, we recommend upgrading to a single room at the time of booking.
- We always try to get your preferred room choice. if you need further help, please contact our office staff by phone or email.
- 05.45 AM From outside Ramsgate railway station
- 06.20 AM From outside Canterbury East railway station
- 07.00 AM From, outside Cambridge Police Station, Parkside - Click here for map
- 08.30 AM From International Students' House, 229 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PN - Click here for map
- 10.00 AM From outside Mortons Cafe (near Tourist Information Centre), Broad Street, Oxford - See information below for returning back to Oxford.
If you are joining this tour in London, the meeting point is in the car park (just outside reception). ISH is directly opposite Great Portland Street tube station but also a very easy walk from Warren Street, Regent's Park and Baker Street tube stations.
This tour normally ends by 6pm in London. If you are travelling onwards to Cambridge, Ramsgate or Canterbury, the final arrival time will vary, as the feeder service that we provide links in with our other tours. If we are unable to transfer you by our own transportation, we will provide free rail or coach transfers to Cambridge, Canterbury or Ramsgate. In the event that public transport (rail or coach) does not offer a practical and convenient service, International Friends will provide travel by taxi, minibus or coach.
If you are joining this tour in Oxford, the tour will end in London and you will need to make your own way back to Oxford. Bus services operate from every 10 minutes and cost between £7 and £14 single - click here to see coach services back to Oxford by Oxford Tube. We recommend booking onward travel arrangements back to Oxford after 7pm.
If you intend to travel to our central London meeting point by public transport, you can plan your journey in advance on the Transport for London website - click here
This is without question the best value tour available to this region, combining the Cotswolds, Bath and Stonehenge over a leisurely 2 days. This tour is driven and guided by a friendly driver who is very familar with the area its many back-roads. This means that you will venture off the beaten track to see and enjoy some of the area's most beautiful places. Your transport for this tour is in a spacious luxury 16 seat minibus with large windows and the ability to travel down some the narrow lanes which are not normally used by large coaches. We promise you a first-class experience and memories that you will treasure for many years!
Please note that as this tour is normally heavily subscribed, it may be necessary to make your reservation well in advance, especially if you are booking flights to or from the UK to coincide with a specific tour date.
For more information on the Cotswolds, Bath and Stonehenge, take a look at the official website links below:
What other people have recently commented about this tour:
I had simply an amazing time. Thank you Martin and Paul for providing us with such an enjoyable trip. I haven't had such a relaxing yet fun-filled trip like this for a long time. I will definitely recommend the trip to my friends. Thanks again for a great weekend - sorry about the hand writing - my hands are freezing :)