Pre cruise 4 day / 3 night package exploring London and the very best of England.
The perfect way to start your cruise holiday with a short break in England's capital city, London.
Arrival airport transfer
3 nights London city centre hotel in a choice of 4* or 5* hotel. Price is per person based on twin/double room. Single travellers must select 'Single Room' under 'Upgrades'.
Full day London guided sightseeing tour with entry to Tower of London, St.Paul's Cathedral and River Thames cruise
10% discount on any International Friends Small & Friendly day trip
Cruise transfer London to Southampton, with optional upgrade to include a visit to Stonehenge en route.
Day 1 - Arrival Transfer - On arrival into London Heathrow, London Gatwick or London City Airport you will be met by your professional driver and transferred to your London city centre hotel. After check in the remainder of the day free to explore or relax at your leisure.
Day 2 - Full day London guided tour - Enjoy a fully guided coach tour of this majestic city starting at Victoria Coach station. The day begins with a guided tour of St.Paul's Cathedral before we follow the Thames to Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben stopping at the Queen's official London residence Buckingham Palace. Here we can watch the pomp and ceremony of the changing of the Royal Guards.
After time for lunch, the tour continues through Theatreland, Leicester Square and then enter the one thousand year old fortress at The Tower of London. Here we learn of torture and execution, of life in a former Royal palace, of prisoners and soldiers, and a chance to admire and marvel at the Crown Jewels. The tour finishes at Harrods.
Day 3 - Free day in London or explore England - With a world class selection of attractions, museums, galleries, shops and restaurants you will be spoilt for choice for things to do in London. Visit the British Museum, explore the vibrant West End and Theatreland, sample a pint in a traditional English pub or a cream tea in Harrods.
If you would like to see more of England we have a fantastic selection of day trips available from London, destinations include:
Windsor, Bath & Stonehenge
Oxford, Cotswolds & Stratford Upon Avon
Stonehenge, Glastonbury & Winchester - The legend of King Arthur
Downton Abbey & Highclere Castle
Warner Bros Studio Tour London, The Making of Harry Potter
All Pre Cruise London & Glorious England package customers will receive a 10% discount voucher which can be used on any International Friends day trip from London.
Day 4 - Transfer to your ship - After a relaxing breakfast you will be transferred directly to the ship from your hotel by executive vehicle. If you would like to include some sightseeing we also offer an option with a 90 minute stop at prehistoric Stonehenge (£15 extra per person). Your stop will include entry to Stonehenge centre and also some time to visit the gift shop. With both transfer options we plan to arrive at Southampton cruise terminal by 13:30/14:00.
- Where will I meet my driver? Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall in the airport. At all airports incoming flights are monitored by our staff and the driver will adjust his/her arrival time to the actual flight landing time. This means you do not have to worry if your flight is delayed en route. After you have collected your luggage you will walk through into the arrivals hall and will see your driver holding an International Friends sign with your name on.
Our drivers plan to enter the arrivals hall 30 minutes after your actual landing time. If you would like to select a later meeting time please let us know in the ‘Additional Comments’ box during the booking process. Our driver will wait for you for 60 minutes after entering the arrivals hall (90 minutes after you land). After this additional waiting charges may be applied if you have not contacted us. On your e-ticket you will find an emergency contact number, if you are delayed in immigration or luggage collection please phone this number.
Your driver will then walk you to the vehicle and transfer you to your hotel. Approximate journey times are London Heathrow to London City centre 50 mintes, from London Gatwick 80 minutes and from London City 25 minutes.
- What happens if we need to delay our pick up due to late flight? If your flight is delayed, we will not charge for amending your pick-up time. Should you miss your flight or be delayed in getting through the airport to meet your driver, you should contact us as soon as possible on the contact number on your E-Ticket and we will do our best to accommodate a new pick up time. The driver will wait for a maximum of 90 minutes after your flight has landed. If we do not hear from you in this period the driver will be forced to leave. After this we will not be able to guarantee your transfer. We do strongly recommend travel insurance to protect you from unforeseen delays or other factors beyond your control.
- Should we tip our driver? Tips are entirely at the customer’s discretion and in no way expected. Should you feel inclined to tip your driver would be grateful, but you should not feel obliged.
- How will I get from the hotel to Southampton cruise terminal? You will be collected by our drivers and transferred from London to Southampton cruise terminal by luxury minivan. This is a shared transfer service (not a private transfer), with maximum 6 people per vehicle. London city centre pick ups are between 09:45am-10:45am and your driver. Your exact pick up time will depend on the hotel you have selected. All pick up times will be detailed on the e-ticket you receive after booking.
- Will there be enough time to visit Stonehenge? If you select the 'Upgrade' option with Stonehenge your collection from the hotel will be between 07:00am-08:00am. This is an executive coach transfer service which includes entry to Stonehenge centre. Your exact pick up time will depend on the hotel you have selected. All pick up times will be detailed on the e-ticket you receive after booking.
- Where will I meet the driver? Please be waiting in the hotel reception/lobby area from 10 minutes before your confirmed pick up time. Your driver will collect you from the lobby.
- What time will I arrive in Southampton? We plan to arrive in Southampton by 13.30-14:00 on both transfer options (direct and via Stonehenge). On arrival in Southampton you will be dropped off at your cruise terminal and walk straight to the check in desk. Porters will take care of your luggage, ensuring it is delivered to your cabin. Please make sure you use the luggage label in your cruise pack to facilitate this.
We have three high quality London City Centre hotels available for you with this package, all on Bed & Breakfast basis:
4* Copthorne Tara - A contemporary stylish hotel by High Street Kensington. Perfectly located for the museums on Cromwell Road, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace.
4* The Grosvenor Victoria - An elegant, sophisticated hotel within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. Bed & breakfast basis.
5* Royal Garden Kensington - Located in the centre of Kensington with views of Kensington Palace, Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. Bed & breakfast basis.