What can I see?
- Britain's favourite cathedral, York Minster
- Viking life at the Jorvik Viking Centre
- The National Railway Museum
- Clifford's Tower, York's Norman castle
- Walk the medieval city walls
- Views over the city from York Eye
On arrival in York, you will have the chance to join your driver-guide for a free, informal walk around the city walls and then into the city centre to hear all about York's unique place in British history. Spend some time taking in the fabulous architecture of York Minster and climb to the top of the tower for great views. Alternatively, visit the National Railway Museum the UK's largest exhibition of trains throughout the ages, go shopping in the wonderful medieval streets, or see how life was during the Viking period at the Jorvik Viking Centre. We leave York late in the afternoon to arrive back in Cambridge mid-evening.
- Cambridge -York 3 hours 15 minutes (includes rest break)
- Free time in central York
- Guided tour ~2 hours; Free Time ~4 hours
What is included?
- Return Travel,
- Informal guided walk,
- Maps and information.
What can I do in York?
York Minster, York Castle, Clifford's Tower, Jorvik Viking Centre, National Railway Museum, Yorkshire Museum, City Art Gallery, (York Viking Festival - Feb), City Walls, King Richard III Museum, Shopping streets
- York Minster - Not included
- National Railway Museum - Free
- Jorvik Viking Centre - Not included
Leave Cambridge 08:00 (rest break included in journey) Arrive in York at 11:15; Leave York 1715 (rest break in journey) ; Return Cambridge 2030. Please note that this tour is operated by Roots Travel & Tours www.roots-travel.co.uk