The perfect way to start your cruise holiday with a short break in England's capital city, London. Our most popular package is based on 4 days / 3 nights with transfers, sightseeing and accommodation included. Different durations are available, please see the 'Book this Tour' section on the right of this page.
Arrival transfer from London Heathrow Airport to your hotel
4*/ 5* London city centre hotel
Fully guided London sightseeing tour with entry to Tower of London, St.Paul's Cathedral and River Thames cruise
Shared cruise transfer London to Southampton. Optional upgrade to include a visit to Stonehenge
10% discount on any International Friends Small & Friendly day trip
Day 1 - Arrival Transfer
On arrival into London Heathrow Airport, you will be met by your chauffeur and transferred to your London city centre hotel. After check in, the remainder of the day is free to explore the city or relax at your leisure. Please note that if you are arriving at London Gatwick Airport, a supplement will apply. This can be booked in the 'Book this Tour' section on the right of this page.
Day 2 - Fully guided London sightseeing tour
Your day begins with a guided tour of St.Paul's Cathedral, before following the Thames to Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben. A stop is included at the Queen's official London residence, Buckingham Palace. Enjoy the pomp and ceremony of the changing of the Royal Guards (subject to operating dates)*.
After some time for lunch, entry is included to the one thousand year old fortress at The Tower of London. Here you will learn of real life tales of torture, execution, Royal prisoners, and life in a former Royal Palace, before having a chance to admire and marvel at the Crown Jewels.
Your sightseeing tour ends with a guided boat cruise on the River Thames, where you will enjoy a commentary and excellent views of The Shard, Shakespeare's Globe and the Houses of Parliament. Your tour ends in Westminster, in the shadow of the London Eye and Parliament, a great location to continue exploring or return to your hotel.
*Changing of the Guard runs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday only, and may be cancelled at short notice.
Day 3 - Free day in London or explore England
With a world class selection of attractions, museums, galleries, shops and restaurants you will be spoilt for choice for things to do in London. Visit the British Museum or Natural History Museum, explore the vibrant West End and Theatreland, sample a pint in a traditional English pub or a cream tea in Harrods.
If you would like to see more of England we have a fantastic selection of small group day trips from London, destinations include:
Windsor, Bath & Stonehenge
Oxford, Cotswolds & Stratford Upon Avon
Stonehenge, Glastonbury & Avebury - The Legend of King Arthur
Warner Bros Studio Tour London, The Making of Harry Potter
All Pre Cruise London customers receive a 10% discount voucher which can be used on any International Friends small & friendly day trip from London.
Day 4 - Transfer to Southampton
After a buffet breakfast in your hotel, you will be transferred directly to Southampton by executive vehicle. If you would like to include some sightseeing on the way, you can upgrade to include a 90 - 120 minute stop at prehistoric Stonehenge (£15 extra per person). Your visit to Stonehenge will include entry to Stonehenge centre, the Stone Circle and allows time to visit the gift shop. With both transfer options we plan to arrive at Southampton cruise terminal by 13:30/14:00.
- Where will I meet my driver? Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall in the airport. All flights are monitored by our staff and the driver will adjust his/her arrival time to your actual flight landing time. You do not have to worry if your flight is delayed en route. After you have collected your luggage you will walk through into the arrivals hall where your driver will be holding an International Friends sign with your name on.
Our drivers plan to enter the arrivals hall 30 minutes after your actual landing time. If you would like to select a later meeting time please let us know in the ‘Additional Comments’ box during the booking process. Our driver will wait for you for 60 minutes after entering the arrivals hall (90 minutes after you land). After this additional waiting charges may be applied if you have not contacted us. On your e-ticket you will find an emergency contact number, if you are delayed in immigration or luggage collection please phone this number.
Your driver will then walk you to the vehicle and transfer you to your hotel. Approximate journey times are London Heathrow to London City centre 45-60 minutes, from London Gatwick 75-90 minutes and from London City 25-40 minutes.
- What happens if we need to delay our pick up due to late or cancelled flight? If your flight is delayed, we will not charge for amending your pick-up time. If your flight is cancelled, you miss your flight or you are delayed getting through the airport you must contact us as soon as possible on the number on your E-Ticket. We will do our best to accommodate a new pick up time. The driver will wait for a maximum of 90 minutes after your flight has landed. If you do not contact in this period the driver will be forced to leave. After this we will not be able to guarantee your transfer. We recommend travel insurance to protect you from unforeseen delays or other factors beyond your control.
- Should we tip our driver? Tips are entirely at the customer’s discretion and in no way expected. Should you feel inclined to tip your driver would be grateful, but you should not feel obliged.
Welcome To London Tour
- How do I get from the hotel to Victoria Coach Station? You will need to make your own way from your hotel to the tour start point at Victoria Coach Station. Please contact [email protected] who can advise on the alternative travel options for you.
- How will I get from the hotel to Southampton cruise terminal? You will be collected by our drivers and transferred from London to Southampton cruise terminal by luxury minivan. This is a shared transfer service (not a private transfer), with maximum 6 people per vehicle. London city centre pick ups are between 09:45am-10:45am and your driver. Your exact pick up time will depend on the hotel you have selected. All pick up times will be detailed on the e-ticket you receive after booking.
- Will there be enough time to visit Stonehenge? If you select the 'Upgrade' option with Stonehenge your collection from the hotel will be between 07:00am-08:00am. This is an executive coach transfer service which includes entry to Stonehenge centre. Your exact pick up time will depend on the hotel you have selected. All pick up times will be detailed on the e-ticket you receive after booking.
- Where will I meet the driver? Please be waiting in the hotel reception/lobby area from 10 minutes before your confirmed pick up time. Your driver will collect you from the lobby.
- What time will I arrive in Southampton? We plan to arrive in Southampton by 13.30-14:00 on both transfer options (direct and via Stonehenge). On arrival in Southampton you will be dropped off at your cruise terminal and walk straight to the check in desk. Porters will take care of your luggage, ensuring it is delivered to your cabin. Please make sure you use the luggage label in your cruise pack to facilitate this.
We have three high quality London City Centre hotels available for you with this package, all on Bed & Breakfast basis:
4* Copthorne Tara - A contemporary stylish hotel by High Street Kensington. Perfectly located for the museums on Cromwell Road, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace.
4* Amba Victoria - Previously called the Grosvenor Victoria, an elegant, sophisticated hotel within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament.
5* Leonardo Royal London Tower Bridge - Located in London's historic core and close to the Tower of London, Borough Market, St.Paul's Cathedral, the Shard and HMS Belfast.