Hogwarts in the Snow - Departures every Saturday from Saturday 19th November until Saturday 28th January 2017
Step on to authentic film sets from the Harry Potter film series and explore behind the scenes secrets at the studios where the stories came to life. Discover the special effects secrets of snow that never melts, creating flames without fire and learn how the sets were transformed for Christmas scenes!
We depart London and take the short one hour drive to begin our magical day out at ‘Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter’. A truly unique attraction which allows you to experience the magic that has gone into creating the most successful film series of all time.
Step into the Great Hall which will be aligned with 8 Christmas trees. Explore some of the most iconic sets featured in the movies, many transformed/decorated for the festive season including the Gryffindor common room, and learn how a blanket of 'filmmaking' snow covers the Hogwarts Castle model. Your tour will also include Dumbledore’s office, the Ministry of Magic, 4 Privet Drive, , the Weasley kitchen, Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express. Discover behind-the-scenes secrets and learn how intricate prosthetics and make up transformed actors into creatures. All will be revealed at the working studios where all eight Harry Potter films were produced. We will spend three and a half hours at the Studio tour.
The studio tour includes:
- The Great Hall, one of Hogwarts Castle’s most recognizable locations
- Gryffindor common room and boys' dormitory
- Professor Dumbledore’s office
- Potions classroom
- Hagrid’s hut, the home of Rubeus Hagrid
- The Weasley kitchen, including the magical self washing frying pan and unique Weasley family clock
- The Ministry of Magic, the wizarding world’s centre of government in Britain
- The backlot, home to exterior sets including Privet Drive and Hogwarts Bridge
- Creature effects, where creatures and intricate prosthetics were built, including Lord Voldemort’s snake like face!
- Hogwarts Castle model , the jewel in the crown of the art department!!
- Diagon Alley where you can see the dusty Ollivanders wand shop, the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shop and much more!
- Click here for a video of what you can expect to see on the Warner bros Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter
Climb aboard an original Hogwarts Express steam train and see a recreation of platform 9 ¾. You will be able explore an interior train carriage set that was used during filming and pose with a luggage trolley as it disappears through the station's brick wall.
After we finish the Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter you will be transferred back to London and dropped off at Great Portland Street Tube Station.
- Travel by executive coach
- Entry to Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter
- Services of a Tour Manager
Departure time – This day trip has two different departure times depending on the date of your visit. The departure will either be 08:00am or 09:00am opposite Great Portland Street Tube Station, outside International Student House building (229 Great Portland Street, London, WIW 5PN). Please check your e-ticket/confirmation when making the booking.
Finish time/return to London – 14:00/14:30 for the 08:00am departure dates; 15:00/15:30 for the 09:00am departure dates
Please arrive at your allocated departure point at least 10 minutes before departure time